Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dinner with new friends....

My old friend from Bismarck Nancy sent a Christmas questionaire which I luckily responded back telling her I was going to be in Oslo for 7 months. She replied that she had a old college buddy who has lived in Oslo for 10 years. How great could that be since we really don't know anyone here. Nancy introduced us via e-mail. I was quick to ask Carolyn lots of questions. I've always been good at that. Before I even met her I felt better about coming......

Last night she picked us up since she was in the neighborhood and we had a great time with her and her family. We had a delicious dinner which was needed after several nights of frozen pizza and pasta along with iceberg lettuce (KJ's new favorite vegetable. Is it actually one?) We had some very tasty trout, potatoes, a salad with real veggies including avocado and yummy white wine. I wish I would've eaten more! Do I sound obsessed with food? Truly, I enjoyed meeting and spending the evening with Carolyn her husband, Christian and their kids more than eating... It was fun talking about North Dakota, UND, various people we both knew from home and teaching. Carolyn was a teacher too. This isn't the first time I've had this happen; meeting someone from where I used to live.

I forgot to mention KJ wanted me to comment on the bag of candy she, Kaj and Malin (I hope I spelled your names right) received. In Norway the kids aren't allowed to have sweets during the week only on Saturdays. It was her lucky day. I think I like that rule.

Thanks again for dinner Carolyn and Christian if you're reading the blog...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naked bronze statues?! Sounds like my kind of park! No, not really, but I like the coffee shop on the way to school. I'd go every day! Can you believe you found a fellow fighting Sioux. Maybe you can convince the alumni office to air the Sioux-Gopher hockey game in Oslo!

Andy Smith said...

I'm sure its only $10/cup of Joe. Can't wait to meet you at the statue of the guy on a horse!

Andy Smith said...

I'm sure the coffee is only $10 per cup.

I can't wait to meet you at the statue of the guy on a horse! (Remember Vienna, Kent?)

Andy Smith said...

Approval! I need your approval to post comments? You need to open this baby up to your public!