Monday, January 28, 2008

Can I Stick It Out???

This weekend proved to have its ups and downs. I've been excited to do the xcountry skiing thing ever since we talked about coming here. But first one needs skis. I have some at home. A friend gave me a very old pair of his. I should've brought them.

Saturday we headed out to small ski shop nearby and checked prices. We were close to getting KJ a package but I had a feeling if we went to the bigger sporting goods store in the city center we'd save some kroners and I was right. It wasn't an easy outing but I think we'll be happy to have skis that we'll use for a long time. And the price wasn't too bad.

Why is the entry titled .... Can I Stick Out? You maybe be wondering, probably not by my previous entries. So far it hasn't been easy being here for KJ. She's had a rough start having been sick, she doesn't have any siblings for companionship, Kent and I are only so much fun, and she can only read Harry Potter so many times. She really misses her school and friends. She is an amazing little person. I know it isn't easy for her going to the Norwegian school but she goes so far without complaining. I am happy to be here but I don't want her to be miserable. I think that is why I'm having a difficult time. Plus, it doesn't help that I am a chronic worrier. So there you have it. If any of you blog readers have any suggestions, please feel free to comment.

2 comments:

2pups said...

I think the first few weeks in a place that so foreign are the worst. Give yourselves time to acclimate. Besides, those of us who are living vicariously off your experience are counting on you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ok girlfriend, have a latte and take a deep breath. You can do it -- you're from N Dakota and no stinkin' foreign country can get the better of you!
You are enriching your life and KJ's too, seeing the world from another perspective can be annoying but enlightening.
Besides we just booked our tickets to come visit you in May!